Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Mr Libido Incognito Mr Libido Incognito is offline

Default Recommended Carbs?

Jennifer wrote on 07 Jun 2006 in alt.food.diabetic

> It wasn't a diet... it was what his doctor told him.
>
> I was just going by what he wrote.
>
> Jennifer
>

> Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > "Jennifer" > wrote in message
> > nk.net...
> >
> >>It seemed pretty clear to me.
> >>

> >>He said: "I am allowed 15 units per day. 1 unit equals 5 carbs or
> >>less."

> > I know what he said. But what kind of diet considers a unit of
> > carbs to be 5 g or less? This is what doesn't make sense.

Example if the food works out to say 15 carbs it is 3 units (15/5 =
3)...If it works out to 17 (17/5 = 3.4) carbs it is 4 units...There are
no fractional parts. He always rounds up to the nearest whole number.

--
-Alan