Posted to rec.food.cooking
Squeezeweasel Squeezeweasel is offline

Default If not Calphalon, how about Circulon?

Andy wrote:
> LurfysMa > wrote in
> :
>
> > Since there's the raging debate over Calphalon (and All-Clad), I'd be
> > interested to know how you all feel about Circulon?
> >
> > I have a large (12") Circulon frying pan that I have only used a few
> > times, but seems to work very well. My smaller frying pans are some
> > cheaper brand (Supreme?) and are wearing out. My plan it to replace
> > them with Circulon pans.

> From CR's last review:
>
> NON STICK
>
> 1 Kirkland Signature (Costco) Item 783634
> CR Best Buy $150 14pc anodized aluminum
> 2 Anolon Titanium $300 10pc anodized aluminum/titanium
> 3 Anolon Advanced $200 8pc anodized aluminum
> 4 Emerilware $250 10pc anodized aluminum
> 5 Scanpan Classic 20203 $400 8pc aluminum/titanium
> 6 Wearever Excellence $100 8pc aluminum
> 7 Bialetti Fusion 45459 $50 9pc aluminum
> 8 Berndes Signo Classic 697101 $200 5pc aluminum
> 9 Circulon Elite $250 10pc anodized aluminum
> 10 Farberware Select Non-Stick $100 10pc enamel/aluminum
> 11 Calphalon One Infused Anodized Nonstick $480 8pc anodized aluminum
> 12 Cuisinart Chef's Classic Non-Stick 66-7 $100 7pc anodized aluminum
> 13 Calphalon Kitchen Essentials $150 8pc anodized aluminum
> 14 Cook's Essentials Stainless $100 10pc stainless steel/aluminum
> 15 Circulon Steel $150 8pc stainless steel/titanium
> 16 T-Fal Encore Hard Enamel $100 10pc enamel/aluminum
> 17 Calphalon Simply Calphalon $150 8pc anodized aluminum
> 18 Farberware Millennium Soft Touch Colors $150 10pc aluminum
> 19 T-Fal Perfection Hard Enamel $100 9pc enamel/aluminum
> 20 Nordic Ware Rangeware $100 8pc enamel/carbon steel/aluminum
>

> MIXED Only frying pans are nonstick.
> 1 Calphalon Simply Calphalon $150 8pc stainless steel/aluminum
> 2 Wearever Cook & Strain $60 8pc stainless steel/aluminum
>

> UNCOATED
> 1 KitchenAid Gourmet Essentials Brushed Stainless $150 10pc stainless
> steel/aluminum
> 2 Calphalon Contemporary $400 8pc stainless steel
> 3 Emerilware Stainless $200 10pc stainless steel/aluminum/copper
> 4 Magnalite Classic $130 8pc aluminum
> 5 Member's Mark (Sam's Club) Tri-Ply-Clad Item 955462 $130 11pc stainless
> steel/aluminum
> 6 J.A. Henckels Classic Clad $200 7pc stainless steel/aluminum
> 7 T-Fal Jamie Oliver Professional Stainless $150 9pc stainless
> steel/aluminum
> 8 All-Clad Master Chef 2 700393 $320 7pc stainless steel/aluminum
> 9 Cuisinart Chef's Classic Stainless 77-7 $100 7pc stainless steel
> 10 All-Clad Copper Core 6000-7SS $700 7pc stainless steel/copper
> 11 Wolfgang Puck Bistro Collection Stainless 690533 $200 20pc stainless
> steel/aluminum
> 12 Farberware Millennium Soft Touch Stainless Steel $130 10pc stainless
> steel/aluminum
> 13 Scanpan Fusion 5 $300 8pc stainless steel/aluminum
> 14 Daniel Boulud Kitchen (DBK) Generation Stainless Clad $350 11pc
> stainless steel/carbon/copper/aluminum
> [...]

I've been pretty happy with Anolon. We've a couple of pans (large
frying pan, small saute pan) from them; the first frying pan we had
lost some of its coating after about 18 months, so we called in the
lifetime guarantee and were given a new one. We've been using the new
one for a couple of years now, and it's as good as new.

Of course, there's the dishwasher problem - but Mr Weasel does all the
washing up, so you'll have to ask him about it!

For everything else I use Le Creuset (which is fine in the dishwasher),
or cheap Tefal non-stick bakeware, which I replace every couple of
years.

--
www.gastronomydomine.com