Dave Smith

Default Krups La Glaciere

artisan wrote:

> Hey, thanks everyone. I'll try Sheldon's suggestion of the freezer
> thermometer and see if I can get the freezer colder. I really think
> the problem is the freezer itself isn't cold enough (I just looked at
> the setting for the freezer and it's set to "1" out of "9" with 9 as
> coldest!! *sigh*). Also I'll have to leave the container in for a
> lot longer.
>
> If it still doesn't work I'll just have to return it, or maybe get
> another one.

You really do have to be patient and to plan ahead to make ice cream. I have not been eating a lot of ice cream
because of the cold weather, so we had quite a stock of it which we finally finished off on the weekend and it
was time to make some more. The freezer pail had been in the freezer for a few months. I made the custard mix
(vanilla) early yesterday morning, left it to cool on the counter for a few hours and then into the fridge for
the night. I took it out this morning and threw it into the machine, set the timer for 35 minutes. I came and
checked on it after 20 minutes and it was already done.