Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini[_2_] kilikini[_2_] is offline

Default Weird Question......Asparagus

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> kilikini wrote:
> > I have some asparagus that really needs to get cooked TODAY. I'm

thinking
> > of baking it in a dish, drizzling it with some lemon garlic butter and

then
> > finishing it with a broil of breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan cheese.
> >
> > Overkill?
> >

> I've never made it exactly like that, but with those great ingredients,
> how bad could it be? Asparagus is very forgiving when you roast it --
> you can use whatever temperature you're using for other food you might
> be cooking. If I want it done fast I'll roast at 400 or 425, but 350
> gets the job done too, just takes a little longer. Absolutely no need
> to steam first. I always line my baking sheet with aluminum foil -- no
> clean up required!
>
> Sandy

Thanks, Sandy! I forgot to ask my hubby to pick up foil on his way home,
because I always line my pans, too. Thus, I'm out of foil. :~)

Okay, I think I'm going to start preparing my asparagus. Wish I knew what
meat the DH is bringing home for dinner, but I warned him I was making the
asparagus. Hopefully he'll be smart enough to bring something that "goes",
you know what I mean? LOL

kili