Old 08-06-2006, 09:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Weird Question......Asparagus

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 20:30:27 GMT, "kilikini"
wrote:

I have some asparagus that really needs to get cooked TODAY. I'm thinking
of baking it in a dish, drizzling it with some lemon garlic butter and then
finishing it with a broil of breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan cheese.

Overkill?

I've never baked asparagus before; only steamed.

Should I steam it first or do you think I can just go ahead and bake it? If
I just go ahead and bake it, what temp do you think would work best? 350 F?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

kili

I like to roast it in olive oil and then add parmesan cheese and
balsamic vinegar.
--
Susan N.