artisan

Default Krups La Glaciere

Hello everyone, I just bought a new (small version) Krups La Glaciere
machine for my Mum for Easter. However after two attempts we have not
been successful in making ice cream....just really thick cold custard.
We've chilled the base overnight and used some standard recipes for
it.

How cold does the ice cream base have to be before it's put in the
machine? What can I expect the consistency of the ice cream base to
be like after 20 minutes of churning? After 40 minutes of churning
the base was pretty much useless as the liquid inside it seems to have
already unfrozen! I'm really ticked at this point because I've spent
$50 on this machine.

Are there any tips for handling this machine you can give me?

Thanks very much.

Roxanne