Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default Dishwashing liquid (environmental)

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote
>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> Heh, I looked, and there is nothing for dish detergent that Dee was
>>> asking about, only dishwasher machine detergent, that list is he
>>>
>>> http://www.eco-labels.org/greenconsu...=greencleaning
>>>
>>> Sorry, Dee.

>> If her main concern is phosphates, she should slow down and read the
>> labels in the supermarket. They already have what she's looking for.
>> Phosphates have been largely gone for quite a few years.

> I wasn't sure what she was looking for, I wasn't playing along. I thought
> I noticed she didn't want fragrance added, either. My plan was to see
> what was available in the store next time I was there. Seems to me the
> woman who said she could get it in any supermarket should just come out
> and say a brand, would be easier to nail down what to look for.
>
> And poor Dee is sorry she asked us. (laugh) nancy

Yes, I 'was' wondering why the farm woman wouldn't suggest a brand. My
guess that she was too busy to start discussing which brands, in case one
didn't/couldn't find the one she suggested.

I'm sticking to Ecover (dishwashing liquid) that I bought, and probably buy
it at Wegmans, TJ's or WF's so I'll just make sure I keep enough on hand.

Not poor Dee, Nancy :-) as, as a result I found the list of dishwasher
soaps and I'll no doubt be trying TJ's dishwasher soap, so that's a find.

Thanks, one and all.
Dee Dee