Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
[email protected] gregory.chiasson@gmail.com is offline

Default Technique for deseeding tomatillo/tomate verde for salsa verde?

Squeeze out the seeds?? I couldn't imagine doing that and not taking
most of the pulp with them. I'd just as soon tweeze the seeds.

I want to do this because I don't like a mouthful of seeds (can't
imagine many would) and it really makes a moreso elegant "table"
salsa... I'm looking for a "I grind the tomatillos in a molcajete which
pulverizes them" or "most of them slip out when I grill the brined
tomatillos", not drama thank you.

PS: do either of you have an favorite sopa seca ("yellow/orange/red
rice") recipe you wouldn't mind divulging? I'm always looking to tweak
my own, I'd say I'm 90% "there", I feel it's lacking something (nuance)
in the spice department and am curious as to what a.f.m-c'ers use. I
use achiote for color, not a tomato product, I'd like a recipe that
does the same or has no color agent. Thanks

Gregory