Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pan Ohco Pan Ohco is offline

Default for those who asked about the dolphin "fish".

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 09:01:32 -0400, Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:

>Okay, here comes the 'Fishlady' to the rescue. Dolphins ARE mammals, this
>however is what is called a 'Dolphin Fish' otherwise known as a Mahi-Mahi
>($9.99 lb in my establishment) and is known for its taste as ease of
>cooking. It has been yuppified to a high art form. The picture posted
>matches those in my order books, this is a dolphin fish, a cold blooded,
>non-mammal, FISH. <<<VBG>>>>
>-Ginny

I remember up until the mid sixties, there was no confusion between
the mammal and the fish. That is about the time there was a program on
tv, where some kids had porpoise "friends". After that it seemed there
was confusion.
--
Pan Ohco
I would like to see the bottom of my monitor, but I have cats.