Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Elizabeth Blake[_1_] Elizabeth Blake[_1_] is offline

Default What do you eat for Breakfast?

"Claire" > wrote in message

> Liz you mentioned that you are Type I and can pretty much eat anything and
> that made me wonder if the diabetic cookbooks that I have are written more
> with Type I diabetics in mind? If so then I have been too hard on the
> authors and need to look more to ways I can change the recipes to work
> better for me.
> Thanks again.

Most diabetic cookbooks I've ever looked at were pretty much high carb, and
the only thing "diabetic" about them was subbing artificial sweetener for
sugar. Often the recipes are low fat as well, but mostly they just seemed
to be no sugar, but plenty of other carbs. When I make something I try to
keep everything as low as possible with it still tasting good. So, if an
artificial sweetener will work just fine I'll use it. If sugar really can't
be omitted without ruining the recipe then I'll use it. I always try to sub
fat free or low fat ingredients when I can. That's why I love Egg Beaters!

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987