Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

Default The Hershey's Wrapper Scandal

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 03:34:14 -0000,
(Alex Rast) wrote:

>However, I agree that it's somewhat immaterial to quibble over any quality
>loss in Hershey's - their milk chocolate is really bad to begin with.

Have to agree there. Its the process they use because Hershey
insisted on using fresh milk (which was in abundance in Pennsylvania
when he first got started) for his milk chocolates rather than import
powdered milk from Europe. Cheaper but because of the high
temperatures he needed to use to mix the water based milk with the oil
based cocoa, the milk almost sours.

That's why Hershey's milk chocolate tastes sour to those who are used
to European milk chocolates.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davida @ jdc . org . il>