Posted to rec.food.cooking
Anne Mitchell Young Anne Mitchell Young is offline

Default Raw Food (uncooked produce!) "Recipes"?

> You could look over Cafe Gratitude's menu for some ideas.
> None of their food is cooked. They do, however, in some cases warm
> their ingredients to (I think) 110 degrees F. This allows for some
> softening of grains like buckwheat or quinoa.
> Some legumes can also be uncooked, such as fresh peas.

Steve, that's a great idea, Thank you! Warming (in the dehydrator) is
one of the ways that one of my favourite (my only, really) book on the
subject treats foods to keep their nutrients but also make them seem
less..er..raw.

Have you been to Cafe Gratitude? We rarely get up to SF, but I've been
curious...

Thanks!

Anne

--
I am: Mom, Attorney, Professor, and - yes - *that* She Devil
Personal: http://www.SheDevilsBlog.com | Fathers Rights: