Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brian Christiansen Brian Christiansen is offline

Default Too much trouble

"Curly Sue" > wrote in message

> It's possible he was put off by "steam them for 15 min." I nuke
> sweet potatoes, essentially steaming it but without the set-up. Of
> course, I personally would recognize the equivalence, but perhaps he
> didn't.

Possibly, but I don't think he would have done that either.

> Also, the adobe sauce. The guy was curious about chipotles but the
> recipe calls for yet another unfamiliar ingredient that he probably
> doesn't have. I've never had adobo sauce and I'd probably nix any
> recipe that called for it unless I was getting into that type of
> cooking. I already have numerous jars of things that I've purchased
> out of curiousity and didn't continue to use.

Chipotle chiles (smoked jalapeņos) are packed in adobo sauce (by the way he
reacted, he likes chipotle chiles and therefore adobo sauce, even if he does
not know it), you don't have to buy anything seperate, you just add a little
bit more than clings to the chiles when you chop them up. A description of
what adobo sauce is is available at:
http://www.hormel.com/kitchen/glossa...941&catitemid=