Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Reconstituted dried tofu:better than the real thing

Jude > wrote:

>Steve Pope wrote:

>> A few weeks it too long, but I have no trouble keeping tofu
>> for 7 to 10 days. It just needs to be put in a clean container
>> with fresh water.

>Ah-hah! You use fresh water too, huh? I try to drain and refill it
>every day to prolong its life. But it sounds like you don't salt it
>either. Maybe another American / European difference.

Never occured to me to salt it. Generally, I don't add much
salt to anything.

If I think of it, I'll change the water after three days or so.

Seriously, if I found tofu to be spoliing in just several
days I would want to check if the refrigerator is cold enough.

Steve