Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo The Bubbo is offline

Default Reconstituted dried tofu:better than the real thing

George wrote:

> Exactly the same. It comes in all of the textures from soft to extra
> firm. The nice part is that tetra-pak is not a "space food" method with
> lots of preservatives. It is simply an aseptic packaging method with no
> air voids. I would see it in the Japanese market but never bought it
> because I thought it was "space food". A Japanese friend said that is
> what they buy and the box doesn't list anything except tofu and you
> can't notice any difference.

okay thanks. I was always afraid it was mushier since all the recipes were for
blending in to things.

I'll pick some up just to have on hand (and quietly listen to my lecture about
tetrapaks aren't recyclable...)

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com