Posted to rec.food.cooking,mn.general
Wayne Marsh Wayne Marsh is offline

Default Anyone been to the Twin Cities Trader Joe's?

Melba's Jammin' wrote on 5/19/06 10:06 PM:

> I'm eager to check it out.

I went Tuesday afternoon. That was too early. There were way more people in
the store than the store and the employees were equipped to handle. Some
products, particularly in frozen foods, were sold out during the Monday
opening rush.

But I was impressed and I'll go back again when the buzz has died down a
little. They have many unique products, a lot of organic products, and their
prices are surprisingly low. Almost no nationally advertised brands, but you
can still get the foods you want: produce, breakfast cereals, bread, etc. To
me, it was similar to shopping at The Wedge co-op, but with lower prices and
a better selection of frozen foods.

Should you go? If you actually enjoy grocery shopping, as I do, and as I
suspect Barb does, then you should go to TJ's. If grocery shopping is an
unpleasant chore, then you'll probably be frustrated at not finding familiar
brands and products there.

Wayne Marsh Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA