Eric Jorgensen

Default The Hershey's Wrapper Scandal

On 12 Nov 2003 15:36:17 -0800
(Chris) wrote:

> The Hershey's=AE Wrapper Scandal:
> Inside the chocolate giant's betrayal
> of the American people
>=20
> Instead of wrapping its chocolate bars in paper, the way it's been
> done for almost 70 years, Hersheys=AE is now packaging its milk
> chocolate in plastic: Exxon Mobil Chemical's Bicor=AE 75
> CSR-2/ink/adhesive/Metallyte.
>=20
> The result is packaging that is very hard to open, a poor tasting
> chocolate, and the loss of a fine American tradition.

I don't think any particular form of wrapping is going to solve the
problem of hersheys tasting bad . . .=20

At any rate, the 'cookies and cream' bars have been in plastic for
ages, and the last time i bought chocolate bars, about six months ago,
they were in paper. they were poor tasting, but that's because it's
cheap chocolate.=20

- Eric