Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] is offline

Default ORANGE JULIUS OR ORANGE JULIP (my version)

In article >,
projectile vomit chick > wrote:

> On Tue, 16 May 2006 13:20:04 -0500, in rec.food.cooking,
> OmManiPadmeOmelet > hit the crackpipe and
> declared:
> >In article >,

> >> If it's going to be a JULEP it needs bourbon, although I much prefer rum in
> >> Orange Juice

> >Cranberry Vodka....... <G>
> >Sorry I missed the miss-spell!
> >My drink of preference is the Margarita. ;-d

> Ever try a Captain Morgan and Snapple iced tea? Surprisinly good on
> the rocks, Captain Snaps!

No, I haven't.
Thanks for the idea!

I've used teas as bases sometimes.
Celestial seasonings "bengal spice" tea makes an excellent base for hot
buttered rum. Great for a cold:

2 cups brewed Bengal Spice tea
1 tsp. butter
juice from 1/4 lemon
1 tbs. honey
2 shots myers dark rum

A good book and a heavy quilt........ ;-)

Repeat.
--
Peace!
Om