Posted to rec.food.cooking
Reg[_1_] Reg[_1_] is offline

Default Bisquick Baking Mix Recipe?

Ranee Mueller wrote:

> Someone posted a recipe for a basic baking mix recipe that you could
> use in place of bisquick. I don't particularly care for bisquick, but
> have come across a couple recipes that use that type of mix, and wanted
> to make up something of my own to use instead. Does anyone have that
> recipe? I thought I had saved it. Thank you.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bisquick Baking Mix

Recipe By :Todd Wilbur
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Condiments

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup shortening

Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add shortening and
mix with an electric mixer on medium speed until all shortening
is blended with the flour. Keep sealed up in a container in your
pantry until needed.

Use the mix as you would the real thing by following directions
on the box (Or see Cooking Tips below).

This recipe yields 6 cups.

Cooking Tips: Here are recipes to help you make Pancakes,
Waffles and Biscuits using the cloned version of the mix as
you would the real thing.

Pancakes: Stir 2 cups Bisquick clone mix with 1 cup milk
and 2 eggs in a bowl until blended. Pour 1/4 cup portions
onto a hot griddle. Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook
until golden. (Makes 14 pancakes)

Waffles: Stir 2 cups Bisquick clone mix with 1-1/3 cups
milk, 1 egg, and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a bowl
until blended. Pour onto hot waffle iron. Bake until
the steaming stops. (Makes 12 (4-inch) waffles)

Biscuits: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Stir 2 1/4 cups
Bisquick clone mix with 2/3 cup milk. When dough forms,
turn it out onto a surface sprinkle with extra mix.
Knead 10 times. Roll dough 1/2-inch thick. Cut with
2 1/2-inch cutter. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
(Makes 9 biscuits)

Source:
"Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Recipes at http://www.topsecretrecipes.com"

--