Old 16-05-2006, 02:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bisquick Baking Mix Recipe?

Someone posted a recipe for a basic baking mix recipe that you could
use in place of bisquick. I don't particularly care for bisquick, but
have come across a couple recipes that use that type of mix, and wanted
to make up something of my own to use instead. Does anyone have that
recipe? I thought I had saved it. Thank you.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

Old 16-05-2006, 02:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ranee Mueller wrote:

Someone posted a recipe for a basic baking mix recipe that you could
use in place of bisquick. I don't particularly care for bisquick, but
have come across a couple recipes that use that type of mix, and wanted
to make up something of my own to use instead. Does anyone have that
recipe? I thought I had saved it. Thank you.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bisquick Baking Mix

Recipe By :Todd Wilbur
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Condiments

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup shortening

Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add shortening and
mix with an electric mixer on medium speed until all shortening
is blended with the flour. Keep sealed up in a container in your
pantry until needed.

Use the mix as you would the real thing by following directions
on the box (Or see Cooking Tips below).

This recipe yields 6 cups.

Cooking Tips: Here are recipes to help you make Pancakes,
Waffles and Biscuits using the cloned version of the mix as
you would the real thing.

Pancakes: Stir 2 cups Bisquick clone mix with 1 cup milk
and 2 eggs in a bowl until blended. Pour 1/4 cup portions
onto a hot griddle. Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook
until golden. (Makes 14 pancakes)

Waffles: Stir 2 cups Bisquick clone mix with 1-1/3 cups
milk, 1 egg, and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a bowl
until blended. Pour onto hot waffle iron. Bake until
the steaming stops. (Makes 12 (4-inch) waffles)

Biscuits: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Stir 2 1/4 cups
Bisquick clone mix with 2/3 cup milk. When dough forms,
turn it out onto a surface sprinkle with extra mix.
Knead 10 times. Roll dough 1/2-inch thick. Cut with
2 1/2-inch cutter. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
(Makes 9 biscuits)

Source:
"Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Recipes at http://www.topsecretrecipes.com"

--
Reg

Old 16-05-2006, 12:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

1 All purpose flour: 1 Cup
2 Baking powder (Double Action): 1/2 Tablespoon
3 Cream Of Tartar: 1/2 teaspoon
4 Confectioners Sugar (Powdered): 1 teaspoon
5 Table Salt: 1 teaspoon
6. Ghee or Vegetable Shortening: 2 Tablespoons and 2 teaspoons

Mix ingredients 1 through 5. Cut-in Shortening.

Yogi

Old 16-05-2006, 05:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Reg wrote:
Ranee Mueller wrote:

Someone posted a recipe for a basic baking mix recipe that you could
use in place of bisquick. I don't particularly care for bisquick, but
have come across a couple recipes that use that type of mix, and wanted
to make up something of my own to use instead. Does anyone have that
recipe? I thought I had saved it. Thank you.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bisquick Baking Mix

Recipe By :Todd Wilbur
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Condiments

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup shortening

Only trashy people use hydrogenated vegetable shortening.

Source:
"Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Recipes at http://www.topsecretrecipes.com"

--
Reg

--Bryan

Old 16-05-2006, 05:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Food Snob wrote:

Reg wrote:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bisquick Baking Mix

Recipe By :Todd Wilbur
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Condiments

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup shortening

Only trashy people use hydrogenated vegetable shortening.

Yeah, I've heard. You repeat it ad nauseam. It's but
one of the reasons I normally ignore your banal posts.

--
Reg

Old 16-05-2006, 05:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Reg" wrote:

Only trashy people use hydrogenated vegetable shortening.

Yeah, I've heard. You repeat it ad nauseam. It's but
one of the reasons I normally ignore your banal posts.

My mom was a fabulous baker and she used shortening all
the time.

This is just another food buggaboo of the month thing.

Old 16-05-2006, 05:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:

"Reg" wrote:

Only trashy people use hydrogenated vegetable shortening.

Yeah, I've heard. You repeat it ad nauseam. It's but
one of the reasons I normally ignore your banal posts.

My mom was a fabulous baker and she used shortening all
the time.

This is just another food buggaboo of the month thing.

I'd say it's more like "RFC Idiot of the Year" on Food
Snob's part.

--
Reg

Old 16-05-2006, 05:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 16 May 2006 09:43:41a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Reg?

Food Snob wrote:

Reg wrote:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bisquick Baking Mix

Recipe By :Todd Wilbur
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Condiments

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1 cup shortening

Only trashy people use hydrogenated vegetable shortening.

Yeah, I've heard. You repeat it ad nauseam. It's but
one of the reasons I normally ignore your banal posts.

It's also the reason I have him killfiled.

--

Wayne Boatwright

"How can a nation be great if it's bread taste like Kleenex?"

Julia Child
Old 16-05-2006, 06:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Reg wrote:
Food Snob wrote:

Reg wrote:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bisquick Baking Mix

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup shortening

Only trashy people use hydrogenated vegetable shortening.

Yeah, I've heard. You repeat it ad nauseam. It's but
one of the reasons I normally ignore your banal posts.

Apparently only trashy people eat leftovers, too, or ever freeze something
they've cooked to eat another day. Food Snob is just another Food Fool, as
far as I can tell.

Jill

Old 16-05-2006, 06:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Yogi Gupta" wrote in message
oups.com...
1 All purpose flour: 1 Cup
2 Baking powder (Double Action): 1/2 Tablespoon
3 Cream Of Tartar: 1/2 teaspoon
4 Confectioners Sugar (Powdered): 1 teaspoon
5 Table Salt: 1 teaspoon
6. Ghee or Vegetable Shortening: 2 Tablespoons and 2 teaspoons

Mix ingredients 1 through 5. Cut-in Shortening.

Yogi

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Basic Baking Mix

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 1
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Quickbreads, Master_mix

-= Ingredients =-
9 c Flour
1 lb Shortening
4 tb Baking powder
1 tb Salt

-= Instructions =-
This is best made in a food processor, but can be done by hand. In
processor, just throw everything in; process just enough to make a
crumbly mixture. By hand, put flour, salt and baking powder in a large
bowl and mix. Add shortening and blend in with pastry blender or knives.
Keep in airtight container away from heat. Use in any bisquik or baking
mix recipes. MM BY H. PEAGRAM

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

--
CHI-MUM

Old 16-05-2006, 08:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Food Snob wrote:

Reg wrote:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bisquick Baking Mix

Recipe By :Todd Wilbur
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Condiments

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1 cup shortening

Only trashy people use hydrogenated vegetable shortening.

Yeah, I've heard. You repeat it ad nauseam. It's but
one of the reasons I normally ignore your banal posts.

It's also the reason I have him killfiled.

Killfiled by an old fart.

Old 16-05-2006, 08:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

projectile vomit chick wrote:
On Tue, 16 May 2006 12:48:33 -0500, in rec.food.cooking, "jmcquown"
hit the crackpipe and declared:
Reg wrote:
Food Snob wrote:

Reg wrote:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bisquick Baking Mix

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 cup shortening

Only trashy people use hydrogenated vegetable shortening.

Yeah, I've heard. You repeat it ad nauseam. It's but
one of the reasons I normally ignore your banal posts.

Apparently only trashy people eat leftovers, too, or ever freeze something
they've cooked to eat another day. Food Snob is just another Food Fool, as
far as I can tell.

And you've got a lot of credibility.

Well said.

As do you, and you're every bit as much the asshole as I.

--Bryan

Old 17-05-2006, 05:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

thanks for mentioning the short cut.......................

--

http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?pi...zZqobjFZuHy3Su

Old 17-05-2006, 06:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Reg wrote:

Bisquick Baking Mix

Thank you Reg and everyone else who posted your suggestions. I can
try these to see how they work. If I stored it in the fridge, could I
get away with using butter for the fat?