Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Need a Better Electric Stove

On Thu 11 May 2006 08:06:43p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee
Randall?

> "Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Some people don' t seem to understand that for some people, flat tops
>>> are undesirable.

>> An interesting opinion.
>>
>> In my opinion, after three years with a smooth top range, it is far
>> superior to any of the coil ranges I've owned over the last 35 years.
>> If it were only the equal, I would still recommend smooth top since
>> they can be used as counter tops when they aren't involved in cooking.
>>
>> Matthew

> I've started being less careful with the smoothtop I bought -- since it
> was used -- and have seen that some use it asa counter top, but since it
> scratches so readily (so I've read), I wonder the wisom of doing that.
> A lot of time when I'm cooking I lay down a sheet of aluminum foil over
> it to lay nasty spoons and small cooking utensils so that I don't have
> to clean off the burner - just as I do with my countertops, but I still
> wonder if this is a good idea to get into the habit of doing.
> Thanks for any further advice.
> Dee

I'm somewhat careful with the smoothtops I've had and try not to skate pots
all over it without lifting. However, they don't scratch that easily. The
only really visible scratch I ever had was from a Pyrex casserole dish that
fell onto the top from the cabinet above. I was amazed that it didn't
totally break the top.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬