Posted to rec.food.cooking
Default User Default User is offline

Default Making the "ii" in "sautiing"?

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On 11 May 2006 22:38:03 GMT, Thelma Lubkin wrote:
>
> > Some of us still read usenet in text: we see either 'saut?ing'
> > or 'saut\351ing'.
> > --thelma

> Lemme guess, you're using SCO Unix? ;-)
>
> My other newsreader is TIN, but not on Openserver Unix anymore.

I used to use trn when I had my university account. Whatever char set
it had rendered most of those non-ASCII symbols as line-draw
characters. People would put in one of those 1/3 characters, and I'd
get a double-line-left-corner or some such. Made the recipes, hmmm,
interesting at times.

Brian

won't shut up.