Posted to rec.food.equipment
pltrgyst[_2_] pltrgyst[_2_] is offline

Default Need a Better Electric Stove

On 11 May 2006 12:26:24 -0700, wrote:

>A number of people don't seem interested in answering your question.

Everyone so far hjas been addressing different aspects of the original
question -- until you popped up with your muckraking.

>Some people don' t seem to understand that for some people, flat tops
>are undesirable.

Sure we do. To each his own.

> They scratch, discolor, crack ...

I'm on my third smooth cooktop range, and I know many others with
smooth cooktops. Not one has had any of those problems.

>don't accommodate oversized pans and griddles, etc.

Dead wrong. They do this much better than cooktops with coil elements,
especially since many smooth cooktops have bridge elements. Have you
ever seen a conventional coil cooktop woith anything functionally
equivalent to a bridge element? I haven't.

-- Larry