Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Harry Demidavicius Harry Demidavicius is offline

Default Lava rocks history?

On Mon, 01 May 2006 23:59:28 GMT, "Bo Hica" >
wrote:

>"scribe" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen. See? That's what happens when
>> you have a barbecue for about 10 years and don't keep current wih
>> developments in the ever-advancing science of grillology.
>>
>> I bought a new basic Fiesta unit on the weekend (basic=no useless and
>> unneeded side-burner) for $200 at Home Depot in Toronto and, Wonder
>> Upon Wonders! They sold me a floor model, already assembled (without
>> charging the usual assembly fee), and I just rolled it out of the
>> store, jammed it into my van, took it home and had the wife fire up
>> some steaks. Elapsed time from store visit to mastication: About one
>> hour.
>>

>Ummm - you had the WIFE fire up some steaks? While firin' up the gasser
>ain't what folks around here would call barbecue, it's rewarding enough.
>However, that there's definitely mans work. I'm just not sure I can wrap my
>head around having the wife operate the gas grill - much less something like
>the WSM.
>
>Somethin just not right there.....
>
>- Bo

My wife was pretty handy operating our gasser 20 years ago, but our
standards and cooker have evolved over the years. She still uses our
little K [she mostly grills], but needs for me to get it fired up and
stabilized.

The teenage daughter next door grills herself a couple of burgers &
buns almost every afternoon before going off to work. They have a
gasser, but she still produces a very nice looking sandwich.

Harry