Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default What failure rate?

Hi everyone

I'm new to bottling, but it might solve one of lifes problems, so I'm
interested to try it. I really dont want to go out and buy a load of
the proper jars until I've tried it once to see if it is the solution.
Yes I've read the FAQ. Hence my probably predictable question: if I use
jam jars, sauce jars, etc for just the first run, what sort of failure
rate could I expect? A fair rate of failures to seal could be accepted
for the one test run.

Failure to seal is easy to spot on these jars, and I wouldnt let anyone
else have access to the jars, so I dont expect a safety problem.

Or is this a bad bad move?

thank you,

NT