Posted to alt.food.wine
Santiago[_1_] Santiago[_1_] is offline

Default Grenache

"JR" > wrote in
:

> OK, so, thanks to ALL of you for the great info...but, now I have to
> comment...before this discussion, I had NEVER seen Grenache on a
> bottle of wine before (but maybe I wasn't looking hard enough)

Two red spanish wines from Grenache seem to be widely available in the
United States: Borsao (my favorite is Borsao Tres Picos Garnacha) from D.O.
Campo de Borja and Las Rocas de San Alejandro Viņas Viejas from D.O.
Calatayud. And they are not expensive by today's standards.

and b)
> if the "white grenache" I saw in the ads (had to be a California BIG
> wine producer, after all, it was on a TV commercial, the red variety
> of grenache grapes, or the white varitety.
>
> My guess. The red one, without the skins.

To be precise, the red grapes vinified as white wine (not allowing contact
between the juice and the skins after pressing).

S.