Posted to rec.food.historic
Oracle Oracle is offline

Default Girello

Interesting. We get something called a "Gerello" which sounds very similar
indeed only with every scrap of fat and tendon trimmed off. Also known as a
"Virginian Roast", which is also (possibly) Eye of Silverside. If it is eye
of silverside, you're looking at the bit that goes into Pastrami.

That's all I can dig up.

There's no fat or sinew on them and just seems to be a long strip of muscle
fibre. Usually pretty tasteless, IMHO, but that might be due to lack of
fat. Turning it into pastrami sounds great to me.

. ..