Posted to rec.food.cooking
Phred Phred is offline

Default Avocados [Was: Scrambled eggs with mayo?]

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
(Phred) wrote in
:

[...]
>> Anyway, here's one version of "creamy scrambled eggs":
>> <quoting http://southernfood.about.com/od/eggrecipes/r/bl30102z.htm>
>> Creamy Scrambled Eggs with Bacon
>> From Diana Rattray, Your Guide to Southern U.S. Cuisine.
>>
>> INGREDIENTS:
>> 1/2 pound sliced bacon
>> 2 tablespoons butter
>> 8 eggs
>> 1/3 cup heavy cream
>> 3/4 teaspoon salt
>>
>> PREPARATION:
>> Cook bacon to desired doneness and transfer to paper towels to drain.
>> Keep warm. Pour off bacon grease and melt butter in the same skillet.
>> Beat eggs lightly and whisk in cream, salt, and pepper. Pour into hot
>> skillet and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened
>> but still moist, about 6 to 9 minutes. Transfer to hot platter and
>> garnish with bacon strips. Serves 4.
>> </quoting>
>>
>> Why not use the bacon grease too?

>Phred,
>But, but, but... no avocados???

Can't say I've tried avocado in scrambled eggs. (But isn't there some
sort of liqueur with a name rather like that? Might be a goer. :-)

Local avocados are going to be in rather short supply here in NQ,
courtesy of the recent passing of TC Larry across our main growing
areas. For a few weeks probably won't be too bad -- I'm told farmers
have been able to gather some of the wind fall in fair condition.
However, where the trees themselves have suffered badly, production is
likely to be well down for some time.

Ill winds and all that -- leaves more opportunity for growers
elsewhere. (Including those in bloody Kiwiland, Kathy. :-)

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID