Posted to alt.food.diabetic
See Hear See Hear is offline

Default sort of portable instant soup...

I make a pot of this on a Sunday, portion it into six each 4 ounce
containers and freeze them.

Carrot - between 2 to 3 ounces. Chantennay Carrots have a great flavour.
Swede - or - Rutabaga - the same weight.
Celery - a large stick.
a 2-3 ounce courgette.
1 Garlic Clove.
A small Leek.
2-3 leaves of Curly Cale.
The smallest red bell pepper you can get hold of.

I mince all the veggies, except the Leek, through the rough plate, (you
could just grate them all finely)
Into a pot with just enough water to cover. A TIGHT fitting lid.
Simmer for 5 Minutes, take off the lid and let most of the liquid evaporate
down. NO SEASONINGS at all.
Once you have a thick potage, cool it and portion it for freezing.

As required - take out a container of the concentrated soup and mix it in a
pot, with at least a half pint of water to which you have added an OXO
Cube - ONE cube makes a half pint of "stock" and they come in Beef, Chicken,
Lamb, Vegetable, Chinese, Italian and Indian Flavours. Boil it up and you
have soup. A different flavour every day.
If using KNORR Cubes - use 3/4 Pint water to reconstitute the cubes. Knorr
do Beef, Chicken, Lamb, Fish, Vegetable, Pork, and even Tom Yum flavour
cubes.

Add animal proteins or Beans as you wish. I dont bother, except for the Tom
Yum - I add some very small portions of Prawn and Crab.
The resulting pint or more of soup is very satisfying and virtually no
impact on BG's.