Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chris Marksberry Chris Marksberry is offline

Default What to do with London Broil?

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
> Damsel in dis Dress > hitched up their
> panties and posted :
>
> > On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 08:30:13 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
> >
> >>Last year I actually jumped ship from flank and top-round to skirt steak
> >>once I found a steady supply. More flavorful than flank (cut from the
> >>same area of the cow) It's better known for fajitas but it's steak in my
> >>book.

> > We bought some skirt steak awhile back (can't find flank steak very
> > often). It was like chewing on a tire. How do you prepare yours? The
> > prep for fajitas would be good, because we love those. We just need
> > to be able to chew them.
> >
> > Thankee,
> > Carol
> >

> Dammit. Now you've done. Skirt steak will now jump in price like flank,
> tuna, sword and chuck steak did. Once it becomes popular the prices jump.
> So shhhhhhh... Don't tell anyone else
>
> Michael

Unfortunately the price of skirt steak in the Houston area (and probably
elsewhere)has already jumped because of the popularity of fajitas. Allegedly
and most agree that they were invented by the late Ninfa Lorenzo.

Chris in Pearland, TX