Posted to rec.food.cooking
JJ - RFC JJ - RFC is offline

Default What to do with London Broil?

One time on Usenet, "PickyJaz" > said:

> I have no idea why there is a near to 3 lb. London Broil (dated
> recently) in my freezer, as I've never "owned" one before. I've looked
> online for cooking suggestion, but have no way to barbeque or grill it.
> There's only myself to feed here, so preparation suggestions, please?

London Broil

2-3 pounds Chataubriand or round steak
Sliced onion
1 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. garlic, crushed or minced
2 T. olive oil
˝ tsp. salt
Pepper to taste

Sauté onion in oil, lemon juice, spices, and garlic. Keep warm.
Drizzle some of the liquid over steak and broil for 5-10 minutes.
Turn meat; add more liquid and broil additional 5-10 minutes. Add
onion and continue broiling until onion is browned. Let rest for
10 minutes, serve thinly sliced.

DH usually handles the actually broiling part, so your times
may vary. Just keep an eye on it...

--
jj - rfc (Jani) in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~