Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_1_] Nancy Young[_1_] is offline

Default What to do with London Broil?

"Andy" <q> wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> Flank steak sells quite well, what's packaged as londron broil
>> around here, long as I remember, is top round or something like
>> that. Most definitely not flank steak.

> In my old Gourmet cookbook volumes, london broil called for flank steak
> and a simple homemakde French dressing marinade, the likes of which
> doesn't represent today's French dressing one bit. One trick the recipe
> imparted was to lightly score around the edges of the steak to reduce
> curling while on the bbq or under the broiler to medium-rare, resting
> then slicing as thin as possible at about 45 degrees.

I do love flank steak, I have a recipe for a marinade in the rfc
cookbook that's how much I love it. Haven't had that in forever.

> Top-round is usually stamped London Broil here too. To which I diamond
> scrore on both sides, soak it for two days in Stubbs beef marinade
> turning daily and bbq-ing or broiling to medium-rare. Resting and slicing
> same as flank.

Thank you for the idea, I cannot recall the last time I made london
broil (not the flank steak london broil) ... I will be making that this
summer, I will look for the marinade just to try it. My ex used to
marinate it in italian dressing, I liked that.

nancy