Posted to rec.food.cooking
Stan Horwitz Stan  Horwitz is offline

Default fish cake recipe request

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Stan Horwitz wrote:
> > I am thinking that fish cakes might be a good way for me to include
> > more fish into my diet. Does anyone have a good fish cake recipe
> > that's low in fat and calories that I should consider?

> What type of fish do you like? Salmon patties are wonderful; crab cakes
> (while not strictly "fish") are very tasty. I could go on but I'd like to
> know what you like (other than ketchup) before I continue

I am not sure, being as though I rarely eat fish. When I do eat fish,
its either tuna from a can (or packet), smoked salmon on bread with
cream cheese, or broiled scallops. I was thinking of those fish cakes
that they used to serve on hot dog rolls with a hot dog at Levis' in
Philadelphia when I was a kid. Those definitely did not have salmon in
them.