Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chris Marksberry Chris Marksberry is offline

Default What to do with London Broil?

> I have no idea why there is a near to 3 lb. London Broil (dated
> recently) in my freezer, as I've never "owned" one before. I've looked
> online for cooking suggestion, but have no way to barbeque or grill it.
> There's only myself to feed here, so preparation suggestions, please?
>
> PickyPuzzles

Do you have a broiler? Here's a recipe I've used for years. Sounds like
you need to cut the meat in thirds (for one hungry person) or invite
company.

Chris in Pearland, TX

* Exported from MasterCook II *

London Broil

Recipe By : Betty Crocker
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:45
Categories : Beef Broil Or Barbeque
Meat

1 pound flank steak -- high quality
2 medium onions -- thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 cloves garlic -- crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Cut both sides of beef steak into diamond pattern 1/8 inch deep. Cook and
stir onions and 1/4 teaspoon salt until onions are tender; keep warm. Mix
remaining ingredients; brush half of the mixture on beef.

Set oven control to broil and/or 550 degrees. Broil beef with top 2 to 3
inches from heat until brown, about 5 minutes. Turn beef; brush with
remaining oil mixture and broil 5 minutes longer.

Cut beef across grain at slanted angle into thin slices; serve with onions.

NOTES : Add a salad and a crusty loaf of Sourdough Bread.