Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] is offline

Default Joke Du Jour, The Bronze Rat

In article >,
"Lefty" > wrote:

> politics,

> offend
> > > >
> > > That email must have been from either Pat Robertson, or the John Birch
> > > Society; sounds like something they would say.

> > Actually, it came from a co-worker.
> > Odd that as she is a Democrat. <G>
> > --
> > Peace, Om.

> I have been meaning to ask you about receiving a lot of the jokes posted on
> the rounds of offices. When I was on everybody's contacts list I got a lot
> of jokes but also a lot of spam. So I have finally somehow gotten off those
> lists and no long lists of spam. It seemed like if you were in a forwarding
> list that contained any public email providers like hotmail, etc. you were
> certain to get spammed. OR if I send an email to my nephew on his hotmail,
> the next thing that happens is an increase in spam.
>
> So I avoid emailing to hotmail, yahoo email, myway email, etc. unless I do
> it from one of them, never my ISP email.
>
> Maybe you do it from work where it is filtered? It's not worth it from home.

Whenever Pat or I forward jokes to each other, we use a BCC function so
that nobody's e-mail addresses get around to others. I send jokes back
to myself as "recipient list supressed" then all the forwarding
addresses are BCC'd so they don't show up.

It shortens headers too. Drives me nuts when some of my co-workers don't
do this. ;-)
--
Peace, Om.