Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Joke Du Jour, The Bronze Rat

*A tourist walks into a curio shop in San Francisco. Looking
*around at everything, he notices a very lifelike, life-sized
*bronze statue of a rat. It has no price tag, but is so striking
*that he decides he must have it. So he takes it to the owner and
*asks, "How much for the bronze rat?"

*The owner replies, "$12 for the rat and $100 for the story."

*The tourist gives the man $12 and says, "I'll just take the
*rat, you can keep the story."

*As he walks down the street, carrying his bronze rat, he
*notices that a few real rats have crawled out of the alleys and
*sewers and begun following him down the street. This is
*disconcerting, and he begins walking faster. But, within a couple
*of blocks, the herd of rats behind him has grown to hundreds, and
*they begin squealing. He begins to trot toward the Bay, looking
*around to see that the rats now number in the MILLIONS, and are
*squealing and coming toward him faster and faster.

*Concerned, even scared, he runs to the edge of the Bay and
*throws the bronze rat as f ar out into the water as he can.
*Amazingly, the millions of rats all jump into the Bay after it,
*and are all drowned. The man walks back to the curio shop.

*"Ah ha", says the owner, "you have come back for the story?"

*"No", says the man, "I came back to see if you have a bronze
Politician or Lawyer..."
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
<snip joke>

hehe!

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

email:
anisaerah at s b c global.net

Adam Bowman wrote:
>I always wonder when someone brings up a point about Bush, and you
> then bring up something that Clinton did, are you saying they are both
> wrong? Because that's all it points out to me, places where they both
> messed up. It doesn't negate the fact that Bush did wrong; was that
> your intention?
>
> That type of argument is like
>
> "Bob shot someone"
>
> "Yeah, but don't you remember when Don hit that guy with a bat?"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> "No", says the man, "I came back to see if you have a bronze
> Politician or Lawyer..."

I like it

Cheers
Cathy(xyz)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
sarah bennett > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> <snip joke>
>
> hehe!

:-)
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
cathyxyz > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > "No", says the man, "I came back to see if you have a bronze
> > Politician or Lawyer..."

> I like it
>
> Cheers
> Cathy(xyz)

;-)

A bit of a twist on the Pied Piper...
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote in news:Omelet-
:

> *A tourist walks into a curio shop in San Francisco. Looking
> *around at everything, he notices a very lifelike, life-sized
> *bronze statue of a rat. It has no price tag, but is so striking
> *that he decides he must have it. So he takes it to the owner and
> *asks, "How much for the bronze rat?"
>
> *The owner replies, "$12 for the rat and $100 for the story."
>
> *The tourist gives the man $12 and says, "I'll just take the
> *rat, you can keep the story."
>
> *As he walks down the street, carrying his bronze rat, he
> *notices that a few real rats have crawled out of the alleys and
> *sewers and begun following him down the street. This is
> *disconcerting, and he begins walking faster. But, within a couple
> *of blocks, the herd of rats behind him has grown to hundreds, and
> *they begin squealing. He begins to trot toward the Bay, looking
> *around to see that the rats now number in the MILLIONS, and are
> *squealing and coming toward him faster and faster.
>
> *Concerned, even scared, he runs to the edge of the Bay and
> *throws the bronze rat as f ar out into the water as he can.
> *Amazingly, the millions of rats all jump into the Bay after it,
> *and are all drowned. The man walks back to the curio shop.
>
> *"Ah ha", says the owner, "you have come back for the story?"
>
> *"No", says the man, "I came back to see if you have a bronze
> Politician or Lawyer..."

And I don't want to buy the story either!!!

Good one!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> > *"Ah ha", says the owner, "you have come back for the story?"
> >
> > *"No", says the man, "I came back to see if you have a bronze
> > Politician or Lawyer..."

> And I don't want to buy the story either!!!
>
> Good one!
>
> Andy

:-)
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>
> > > "Ah ha", says the owner, "you have come back for the story?"
> > >
> > > "No", says the man, "I came back to see if you have a bronze
> > > Politician or Lawyer..."

I would expect that the lawyers and politicians would qualify as rats and
drown along with the others. Maybe you'd need a "Rats, esq." one.
--
Lefty

Life is for learning
The worst I ever had was wonderful

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Lefty" > wrote:

> I would expect that the lawyers and politicians would qualify as rats and
> drown along with the others. Maybe you'd need a "Rats, esq." one.

<smiles>

I actually changed the punchline a bit...
The original e-mail was a bit more racist on line with current politics,
but I felt that this would be funnier and would be less likely to offend
anyone. ;-) It came to me as "Democrats or Muslims".
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Lefty" > wrote:

> > I would expect that the lawyers and politicians would qualify as rats

and
> > drown along with the others. Maybe you'd need a "Rats, esq." one.

> <smiles>
>
> I actually changed the punchline a bit...
> The original e-mail was a bit more racist on line with current politics,
> but I felt that this would be funnier and would be less likely to offend
> anyone. ;-) It came to me as "Democrats or Muslims".
> --
> Peace, Om.

That email must have been from either Pat Robertson, or the John Birch
Society; sounds like something they would say.
--
Lefty

Life is for learning
The worst I ever had was wonderful

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Lefty" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> > > I would expect that the lawyers and politicians would qualify as rats

> and
> > > drown along with the others. Maybe you'd need a "Rats, esq." one.

> > <smiles>
> >
> > I actually changed the punchline a bit...
> > The original e-mail was a bit more racist on line with current politics,
> > but I felt that this would be funnier and would be less likely to offend
> > anyone. ;-) It came to me as "Democrats or Muslims".
> > --
> > Peace, Om.
> >

> That email must have been from either Pat Robertson, or the John Birch
> Society; sounds like something they would say.

Actually, it came from a co-worker.
Odd that as she is a Democrat. <G>
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> > That email must have been from either Pat Robertson, or the John Birch
> > Society; sounds like something they would say.

> Actually, it came from a co-worker.
> Odd that as she is a Democrat. <G>
> --
> Peace, Om.

why odd? Democrats have a sense of humor<g> Not being a Muslim, I
will not answer for that half of the punchline.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> > > I actually changed the punchline a bit...
> > > The original e-mail was a bit more racist on line with current

politics,
> > > but I felt that this would be funnier and would be less likely to

offend
> > > anyone. ;-) It came to me as "Democrats or Muslims".
> > > --
> > > Peace, Om.
> > >

> > That email must have been from either Pat Robertson, or the John Birch
> > Society; sounds like something they would say.

> Actually, it came from a co-worker.
> Odd that as she is a Democrat. <G>
> --
> Peace, Om.

I have been meaning to ask you about receiving a lot of the jokes posted on
the rounds of offices. When I was on everybody's contacts list I got a lot
of jokes but also a lot of spam. So I have finally somehow gotten off those
lists and no long lists of spam. It seemed like if you were in a forwarding
list that contained any public email providers like hotmail, etc. you were
certain to get spammed. OR if I send an email to my nephew on his hotmail,
the next thing that happens is an increase in spam.

So I avoid emailing to hotmail, yahoo email, myway email, etc. unless I do
it from one of them, never my ISP email.

Maybe you do it from work where it is filtered? It's not worth it from home.
--
Lefty

Life is for learning
The worst I ever had was wonderful

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"maxine in ri" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > > That email must have been from either Pat Robertson, or the John Birch
> > > Society; sounds like something they would say.

> > Actually, it came from a co-worker.
> > Odd that as she is a Democrat. <G>
> > --
> > Peace, Om.

> why odd? Democrats have a sense of humor<g> Not being a Muslim, I
> will not answer for that half of the punchline.
>
> maxine in ri

True... ;-)
It's just that she is as avid a Bush hater as I am.....

She sends me a lot of great material, and I try to reciprocate.
Then we discuss it at work, and print out and post other stuff on the
bulletin boards sometimes. <G>
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Lefty" > wrote:

> politics,

> offend
> > > >
> > > That email must have been from either Pat Robertson, or the John Birch
> > > Society; sounds like something they would say.

> > Actually, it came from a co-worker.
> > Odd that as she is a Democrat. <G>
> > --
> > Peace, Om.

> I have been meaning to ask you about receiving a lot of the jokes posted on
> the rounds of offices. When I was on everybody's contacts list I got a lot
> of jokes but also a lot of spam. So I have finally somehow gotten off those
> lists and no long lists of spam. It seemed like if you were in a forwarding
> list that contained any public email providers like hotmail, etc. you were
> certain to get spammed. OR if I send an email to my nephew on his hotmail,
> the next thing that happens is an increase in spam.
>
> So I avoid emailing to hotmail, yahoo email, myway email, etc. unless I do
> it from one of them, never my ISP email.
>
> Maybe you do it from work where it is filtered? It's not worth it from home.

Whenever Pat or I forward jokes to each other, we use a BCC function so
that nobody's e-mail addresses get around to others. I send jokes back
to myself as "recipient list supressed" then all the forwarding
addresses are BCC'd so they don't show up.

It shortens headers too. Drives me nuts when some of my co-workers don't
do this. ;-)
--
Peace, Om.