Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] is offline

Default It *comes* with fries ...

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 13:04:30 -0500, "Nancy Young" >
rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>Went to lunch today, there's this place overlooking a river
>where you can have a nice lunch and a beer or a bloody mary,
>whatever. Peanut shells on the floor, that kind of place.

<snip of story where order is messed up>

The DH and I went to Fatburger, where the DH ordered his usual bacon
cheeseburger w/o tomato or dill relish and I ordered a chili dog with
mustard as the only condiment. Counter clerk: "Huh? You only want
mustard?" Me: "Yes, mustard, solamente. Nothing else, just mustard."
"You sure you don't want nothing else?" "Positive. Just mustard on the
chili dog."

Our order is delivered. The DH is perfect. My chili dog has mustard,
ketchup, onions and cheese. I repeat my request for a chili dog with
*only* mustard as a condiment. Again get a chili dog with other stuff
on it besides mustard *and* sauerkraut as a final insult. Finally went
to the counter where the short order cooks place the food to be topped
off by other counter staff, watched them put my chili dog out for
toppings, watched the counter staff put on the mustard and said
(channeling Meat Loaf's "Paradise By the Dashboard Light"), "Stop
right there! Before you go any further, that's the *only* condiment I
want on that chili dog!" I'm told that "...nobody wants a chili dog
with just mustard, lady."

<sigh> Sometimes very simple isn't.

Terry Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

--
"If you're going to be wrong, be wrong at the top of your lungs."
Lucy, "Peanuts"