S.Dunlap

Default I eat only army rations

John Gaughan > wrote in message >...
> I remember eating MREs in basic military training. **** the calories, we
> had about five seconds to choose "dishes" that did not sound like they
> tasted like ass. Later on we could trade, but we all heard enough
> stories to know which ones sucked and which ones did not.
>
> The saving grace was that most of them came with miniature bottles of
> Tobasco, and no matter what you think of that hot sauce, it hides the
> [shitty] taste of dishes quite well if you use enough.

Oh...such an eloquent statement you make about MREs. NOT! The comment
I made wasn't about MILITARY use of MRE's....it was about how they are
useful in some civilian applications. A high calorie content,
instantly accessible hot meal in a situation where most people are
stuck with cold sandwiches is quite useful for some folks. It wasn't
about taste, it wasn't about everyday use, it wasn't about using them
as an everyday meal. It was about a specific use of MREs. Or did you
NOT comprehend that?