Keith J. Crapper

Default I eat only army rations

This saves a lot of money, because I need no kitchen, saves power,
money for kitchen equipment, cleaning time and cleaning stuff and
praparation time.

I think army rations are the future of the food industry, since people
donīt have time for preparation anymore and no room for expensive
kitchens and no time for eating.

So I recommend to buy lots of army rations and remove the kitchens out
of your homes.
Anthony

"Keith J. Crapper" > wrote in message
om...
> This saves a lot of money, because

It's the spring break thing. Plonk.

Anthony

"Keith J. Crapper" > wrote in message
om...
> This saves a lot of money, because

It's the spring break thing. Plonk.

BillKirch

>I think army rations are the future of the food industry, since people
>donīt have time for preparation anymore a

###############
I think Army rations are the Present of the food industry. Ever eat
spagehtti-o's? BG
BillKirch

>I think army rations are the future of the food industry, since people
>donīt have time for preparation anymore a

###############
I think Army rations are the Present of the food industry. Ever eat
spagehtti-o's? BG

A.C.

"Keith J. Crapper" > wrote in message
om...
> This saves a lot of money, because I need no kitchen, saves power,
> money for kitchen equipment, cleaning time and cleaning stuff and
> praparation time.
>
> I think army rations are the future of the food industry, since people
> donīt have time for preparation anymore and no room for expensive
> kitchens and no time for eating.
>
> So I recommend to buy lots of army rations and remove the kitchens out
> of your homes.

/me smiles and throws out a bit of troll kibble

A.C.

"Keith J. Crapper" > wrote in message
om...
> This saves a lot of money, because I need no kitchen, saves power,
> money for kitchen equipment, cleaning time and cleaning stuff and
> praparation time.
>
> I think army rations are the future of the food industry, since people
> donīt have time for preparation anymore and no room for expensive
> kitchens and no time for eating.
>
> So I recommend to buy lots of army rations and remove the kitchens out
> of your homes.

/me smiles and throws out a bit of troll kibble

John Gaughan

BillKirch wrote:
> I think Army rations are the Present of the food industry. Ever eat
> spagehtti-o's? BG

MREs are edible in the strictest dictionary definition of the word.
Spaghetti-O's are great hangover food, but that is about it. If I had a
bomb shelter I might throw in a few cans, but only because in a
post-apocalyptic world I would not care much about fine cuisine.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

John Gaughan

BillKirch wrote:
> I think Army rations are the Present of the food industry. Ever eat
> spagehtti-o's? BG

MREs are edible in the strictest dictionary definition of the word.
Spaghetti-O's are great hangover food, but that is about it. If I had a
bomb shelter I might throw in a few cans, but only because in a
post-apocalyptic world I would not care much about fine cuisine.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

Julian9EHP

Reminds me of those science museum exhibits of how food pills are going to
replace food. (Who pays for those promotions?) In the future, we will have no
bodies, no noses or tastebuds to express delight, no stomachs to grip or relax
as the food goes through them, no blood to spread the sugar through the body.
Heh.
E. P.

A mukluk wearing troll

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:38:27 -0500, "A.C." > wrote:

>"Keith J. Crapper" > wrote in message
. com...
>> This saves a lot of money, because I need no kitchen, saves power,
>> money for kitchen equipment, cleaning time and cleaning stuff and
>> praparation time.
>>
>> I think army rations are the future of the food industry, since people
>> donīt have time for preparation anymore and no room for expensive
>> kitchens and no time for eating.
>>
>> So I recommend to buy lots of army rations and remove the kitchens out
>> of your homes.

>/me smiles and throws out a bit of troll kibble

Of course. But which army rations? Personal experience sez that Canuck
troops eat better'n the Yanks. Magic Pantry, mmm, mmm.

Shirley Hicks
Toronto, Ontario
A mukluk wearing troll

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:38:27 -0500, "A.C." > wrote:

>"Keith J. Crapper" > wrote in message
. com...
>> This saves a lot of money, because I need no kitchen, saves power,
>> money for kitchen equipment, cleaning time and cleaning stuff and
>> praparation time.
>>
>> I think army rations are the future of the food industry, since people
>> donīt have time for preparation anymore and no room for expensive
>> kitchens and no time for eating.
>>
>> So I recommend to buy lots of army rations and remove the kitchens out
>> of your homes.

>/me smiles and throws out a bit of troll kibble

Of course. But which army rations? Personal experience sez that Canuck
troops eat better'n the Yanks. Magic Pantry, mmm, mmm.

Shirley Hicks
Toronto, Ontario

S.Dunlap

John Gaughan > wrote in message >...
> BillKirch wrote:
> > I think Army rations are the Present of the food industry. Ever eat
> > spagehtti-o's? BG

> MREs are edible in the strictest dictionary definition of the word.
> Spaghetti-O's are great hangover food, but that is about it. If I had a
> bomb shelter I might throw in a few cans, but only because in a
> post-apocalyptic world I would not care much about fine cuisine.

The MRE pasta dishes are what my kid uses when she scuba dives in
Puget Sound. Water temperature 52 degrees year round. She quickly has
access to hot, high calorie food to compensate for calories burned
diving. They make a pretty good between dives meal. Camp stoves or
barbecues are impossible. There is really no place to set that kind of
stuff up, nor any place to dispose of hot coals when through since all
of the parking is at limited roadside areas along US Highway 101. The
kid and us are eating lunch sitting on the back bumper of the car or
truck.

Sandi
S.Dunlap

John Gaughan > wrote in message >...
> BillKirch wrote:
> > I think Army rations are the Present of the food industry. Ever eat
> > spagehtti-o's? BG

> MREs are edible in the strictest dictionary definition of the word.
> Spaghetti-O's are great hangover food, but that is about it. If I had a
> bomb shelter I might throw in a few cans, but only because in a
> post-apocalyptic world I would not care much about fine cuisine.

The MRE pasta dishes are what my kid uses when she scuba dives in
Puget Sound. Water temperature 52 degrees year round. She quickly has
access to hot, high calorie food to compensate for calories burned
diving. They make a pretty good between dives meal. Camp stoves or
barbecues are impossible. There is really no place to set that kind of
stuff up, nor any place to dispose of hot coals when through since all
of the parking is at limited roadside areas along US Highway 101. The
kid and us are eating lunch sitting on the back bumper of the car or
truck.

Sandi
projectile vomit chick

"Keith J. Crapper" > wrote in message
om...
> This saves a lot of money, because I need no kitchen, saves power,
> money for kitchen equipment, cleaning time and cleaning stuff and
> praparation time.
>
> I think army rations are the future of the food industry, since people
> donīt have time for preparation anymore and no room for expensive
> kitchens and no time for eating.
>
> So I recommend to buy lots of army rations and remove the kitchens out
> of your homes.

lol...

projectile vomit chick

"Keith J. Crapper" > wrote in message
om...
> This saves a lot of money, because I need no kitchen, saves power,
> money for kitchen equipment, cleaning time and cleaning stuff and
> praparation time.
>
> I think army rations are the future of the food industry, since people
> donīt have time for preparation anymore and no room for expensive
> kitchens and no time for eating.
>
> So I recommend to buy lots of army rations and remove the kitchens out
> of your homes.

lol...

John Gaughan

I remember eating MREs in basic military training. **** the calories, we
had about five seconds to choose "dishes" that did not sound like they
tasted like ass. Later on we could trade, but we all heard enough
stories to know which ones sucked and which ones did not.

The saving grace was that most of them came with miniature bottles of
Tobasco, and no matter what you think of that hot sauce, it hides the
[shitty] taste of dishes quite well if you use enough.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

John Gaughan

projectile vomit chick wrote:
> lol...

A troll after your own heart...

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

John Gaughan

projectile vomit chick wrote:
> lol...

A troll after your own heart...

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

S.Dunlap

John Gaughan > wrote in message >...
> I remember eating MREs in basic military training. **** the calories, we
> had about five seconds to choose "dishes" that did not sound like they
> tasted like ass. Later on we could trade, but we all heard enough
> stories to know which ones sucked and which ones did not.
>
> The saving grace was that most of them came with miniature bottles of
> Tobasco, and no matter what you think of that hot sauce, it hides the
> [shitty] taste of dishes quite well if you use enough.

Oh...such an eloquent statement you make about MREs. NOT! The comment
I made wasn't about MILITARY use of MRE's....it was about how they are
useful in some civilian applications. A high calorie content,
instantly accessible hot meal in a situation where most people are
stuck with cold sandwiches is quite useful for some folks. It wasn't
about taste, it wasn't about everyday use, it wasn't about using them
as an everyday meal. It was about a specific use of MREs. Or did you
NOT comprehend that?
S.Dunlap

John Gaughan > wrote in message >...
> I remember eating MREs in basic military training. **** the calories, we
> had about five seconds to choose "dishes" that did not sound like they
> tasted like ass. Later on we could trade, but we all heard enough
> stories to know which ones sucked and which ones did not.
>
> The saving grace was that most of them came with miniature bottles of
> Tobasco, and no matter what you think of that hot sauce, it hides the
> [shitty] taste of dishes quite well if you use enough.

Oh...such an eloquent statement you make about MREs. NOT! The comment
I made wasn't about MILITARY use of MRE's....it was about how they are
useful in some civilian applications. A high calorie content,
instantly accessible hot meal in a situation where most people are
stuck with cold sandwiches is quite useful for some folks. It wasn't
about taste, it wasn't about everyday use, it wasn't about using them
as an everyday meal. It was about a specific use of MREs. Or did you
NOT comprehend that?
John Gaughan

S.Dunlap wrote:
> Oh...such an eloquent statement you make about MREs. NOT! The
> comment I made wasn't about MILITARY use of MRE's....it was about how
> they are useful in some civilian applications.

Did I address your comments? No, I added my own. Sorry for ****ing in
your pond.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

John Gaughan

S.Dunlap wrote:
> Oh...such an eloquent statement you make about MREs. NOT! The
> comment I made wasn't about MILITARY use of MRE's....it was about how
> they are useful in some civilian applications.

Did I address your comments? No, I added my own. Sorry for ****ing in
your pond.

--
John Gaughan
http://www.johngaughan.net/

Conjuring A Feast From WWII Rations... Gregory Morrow[_396_] General Cooking 0 15-01-2010 05:05 PM
How Britain Learned To Live On Rations [WWII History] Gregory Morrow[_396_] General Cooking 0 15-01-2010 04:49 PM
Peninsular War Rations Kate Dicey Historic 0 16-08-2004 02:37 PM
Vegan Army Mountains West Vegan 2 05-05-2004 04:39 PM
Army Cornbread Glenn Jacobs General Cooking 22 12-03-2004 03:31 PM