Posted to alt.food.barbecue
JD[_1_] JD[_1_] is offline

Default Lump charcoal in Everett area

Denny Wheeler wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:52:53 GMT, JD > wrote:
>

>>>There's a BBQ joint on Evergreen Way here in Everett, about 3
>>>miles north of me ("Big Bam's BBQ") I've been thinking of trying.
>>>(anyone ever eat there?)
>>>

>>I did. It was much less than inspiring. Somebody told me Mo's on Hewitt
>>has improved but since they grossed me out from the gitgo I haven't been
>>back. SInce you're a local, have you been to Bodacious BBQ in Granite
>>falls? Excellent.
>>

>Never get over that way, but I might make a trip. Heck, I still need
>to check out the Armadill(d)o in Woodinville.
>
>And thanks for the info re Big Bam's. I saw in one thing Google
>turned up, 'many Cajun-style dishes'--this lowered my interest level
>very quickly.

De nada. Armadillo closed it's restaurant back in 2004 but they still
do catering and apparently have a walk-up window at there catering
kitchen. I always thought the restaurant was more about showmanship than
great Q when the restaurant was open but I went to an event they catered
and was more suitably impressed. http://www.armadillobbq.com/
The Cajun at Big Bam's didn't impress me either, jambalaya that tasted
like a loose translation by Campbell's Soup. Ho Hum. With Alligator Soul
in town I'd think that anybody else trying to do Cajun would at least
try to come close before they embarrassed themselves so badly.

JD