Posted to alt.food.barbecue
JD[_1_] JD[_1_] is offline

Default Lump charcoal in Everett area

dave wrote:

>On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:59:07 GMT, JD > wrote:
>

>>Brian D. wrote:

>>> A road trip to Dave's has been on my "to do" list for a while now, over
>>>Steven's and return via Washington Pass (SR20) and a pit stop (pun intended)
>>>at a bbq stand in Burlington, just off I-5/SR20 intersection opposite the
>>>high school.
>>>

>>Ah yes, Double Barrel BBQ, Jim Lee's place. Definitely a worthwhile stop
>>*IF* Jim's there. For some reason when he's involved elsewhere, service
>>and quality go down. When it's good, it's *really* good.
>>
>>JD
>>

>Nearly gave up on finding good Q in Washington. I will drive up from
>Olympia for a tasty hickory/pecan pit smoked rack or two. How are the
>ribs at these two joints? St. Louis style or babyback? Is there a
>cheap source of fruitwood chunks around there Dave? How do I get to
>Dave's from I-90. When would be a good time for a tour?
>
>Dave

Have you tried The Ranch House on Kennedy Creek Rd? I haven't but it's
run by the mother/daughters team that took 7th overall at the Jack
Daniels invitational, 1st in pulled pork. How bad could it be? I've
judged their comp Q and it was worth eating, surely better than a trip
to Burger King or worse yet total Q deprivation. Have you tried Smokin'
Pete's, Ace BBQ or RedTop? Inquiring minds want to know.

JD