Posted to rec.food.cooking
D.Currie[_1_] D.Currie[_1_] is offline

Default Grass Fed vs. Grain Fed Beef: The Cook Off

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:46:04 -0700, "D.Currie"
> > rummaged among random neurons and
> opined:
>
>>Not to mention the differences in processing. If one takes the time to age
>>the beef where the other doesn't, you'll see a significant difference in
>>the
>>meat.
>>

> They're both dry aged, although neither site tells me how long. The
> grill's heating up as I keyboard this (and the homefries are sizzling
> in the pan, the garlic bread is ready for the oven and the Caesar
> salad just needs dressing and tossing).

That's good, then. I bought some locally-raised grass-fed beef, just a few
pieces -- as a sample. If I liked it, I was going to buy a side or quarter
of beef. I decided not to buy any. I'm pretty sure the aging was the
difference. If I find another local supplier, I'll give it another try.

Donna