Posted to rec.food.cooking
Alex Rast Alex Rast is offline

Default Grass Fed vs. Grain Fed Beef: The Cook Off

at Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:22:27 GMT in >,

http://www.allenbrothers.com/ and also ordered our newly-found Neff
>>>Family Ranch ribeyes (grass fed) http://www.nfrnaturalbeef.com/

>> I wonder if that's the deciding factor? I'd hazard a guess that the
>> quality
>> of grain fed beef and of grass-fed beef ranges from farm to farm. And
>> I have a suspicion that quality differences between farms are more
>> significant than those between feeding practices....

>http://www.mercola.com/2005/apr/23/beef.htm
>When you think of a cow in its natural environment, doing what it
>naturally does, you likely will picture it grazing. Is it grazing on
>stalks of corn? Of course not! It's grazing on GRASS.

I'm making no claims as to *nutritional* quality or the ethicality of
different practices. Even there there are probably large differences from
farm to farm but it's wide of the point. My comment is directed at
*sensory* quality - how good does the beef taste? Here I would be willing
to hazard a guess that the variation is too large to make broad categorical
statements.

--
Alex Rast