Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] is offline

Default Grass Fed vs. Grain Fed Beef: The Cook Off

After the recent discussion about grass fed beef vs. grain fed beef, I
ordered our usual Allen Bros. ribeyes (grain fed)
http://www.allenbrothers.com/ and also ordered our newly-found Neff
Family Ranch ribeyes (grass fed) http://www.nfrnaturalbeef.com/ . We
will be carefully grilling one of each tomorrow night (Saturday),
carefully halving each so the DH and I can compare one against the
other. Will make a full report back. After reading about the feed lots
(grain fed) cattle, I am hoping that the grass fed beef knocks us off
our feet. YMMV, but even if it's a wash, I'm inclined to go with grass
fed henceforth.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."

Finley Peter Dunne (1900)