Posted to rec.food.cooking
Anny Middon Anny Middon is offline

Default New Pots & Pans

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message

> Anyone else have the set? Do you put them in the dishwasher? Do you
> endanger them with every pot of pasta? Mine will go in the dishwasher
> regardless, as I really believe this set will outlive me, but I am
> curious to know what others think.

Have them. Love them. Dishwasher them all the time. Well, except for the
stockpot and the large frying pan -- both of which are too big for my
dishwasher.

I got the pots a while back -- I think close to 2 years now. I haven't
noticed anything happening to them due to dishwasher washing, but I have to
admit it would have to be pretty big or somehow interfere with how well they
cook for me to notice.

They're tools. I don't expect them to look pretty, I expect them to
function well. I don't care if there are tiny scratches on the outside.
Not that I know if there are -- I've never really looked.

Oh, I forgot -- I use that Dawn power spray stuff on them sometimes. But
only when they need it, which is pretty seldom. My general approach to
dirty pots is to stick them in the dishwasher. I don't even rinse them
first, although I do of course scrape them if they need it. If they aren't
clean after one go-around in the dishwasher (happens every now and then), I
run them through again on the next load. In the unlikely event they're
still not clean, I Dawn power-gunk them.

Anny