Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar[_1_] Boron Elgar[_1_] is offline

Default New Pots & Pans

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:59:28 -0600, notbob > wrote:

>On 2006-03-15, Boron Elgar > wrote:
>
>> So I went to Costco and saw their made in Italy, 5 ply stainless set
>> for $199.

>I wouldn't worry about it. The Costco return policy is such that you
>can return them for any reason at all, forever. A neat trick I
>learned with my highly polish French SS cookware set, use oven cleaner
>to remove any cooked/burned on grunge you may get from spatter or
>boilover. Avoids scratching and dulling the polished exterior
>surfaces with abrasive pads/powders.
>
>nb

Their return policy is one of the reasons I buy as many of my
household goods there as possible.

I'll keep the oven cleaner in mind.

I wonder if that Dawn crud remover spray would work, too. It is really
great for the inside of a microwave (mine is SS inside) when something
explodes.

Boron