Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default New Pots & Pans

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message
snip
> Ok...so I have this beautiful set now and no where does it say
> "dishwasher safe." It does casually mention hand washing before use
> and talks about being careful to add salt to a pot AFTER the water has
> boiled so no pitting occurs. Weird, I'm thinking. I put any stainless
> steel into the dishwasher and have never had a problem with anything
> scratching or boiling with salt water and pitting, but I thought I'd
> ask around here.
>
> Anyone else have the set? Do you put them in the dishwasher? Do you
> endanger them with every pot of pasta? Mine will go in the dishwasher
> regardless, as I really believe this set will outlive me, but I am
> curious to know what others think.
>
> Boron

Congratulations!!! You did deserve a new set of pots and pans. I think
Consumer Reports just rated what you bought as an excellent value. The
admonition about pitting is nothing new, just a fact of life, so don't worry
about it. Have a lot of fun with the new stuff. (It makes you feel good to
have something new in the kitchen.)
Janet