Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Reg[_1_] Reg[_1_] is offline

Default OT: putting it all together

Mike "Piedmont" wrote:

> The info that I'm getting from everyone is great, thanks everyone.
>
> I sent Steve an e-mail (removed "post", and hope you get it) requesting
> the html's you have.
>
> What I believe that I'm hearing is word.doc's are a last resort to put
> on a website, that PDF's and HTML versions are better?
>
> I one had to chose between PDF and HTML, which one is best? As far as
> the Brine book, retaining an exact copy is very important.

Mike,

HTML is the native language of the web. So, wherever possible, go
with HTML.

If the material is non-text, i.e. more in the realm of graphics,
convert it to gif or jpg, whichever turns out to be smaller. Experiment
and find out.

Use word (.doc) or pdf only as a last resort. Using them isn't
a mortal sin, but avoid them if at all possible on the web.

--
Reg