Posted to rec.food.cooking
Old Mother Ashby Old Mother Ashby is offline

Default Bred fruit and vegies [Was: Mango Imports from India.]

Yogi Gupta wrote:

>These forums are capable of civilized conversation without racial
>overtones reflected in words such as Paki. Have a good day Phred!!!!!

Calm down, calm down! The said Paki probably refers to himself by that
term. London to a brick on he's a Sikh anyway. Phred's an Australian,
some forms of address are OK with us, like wog or pom. Did you not
notice me calling him a smug bugger?

If I may indulge in a spot of pedantry, I think you meant "racist"
overtones anyway. And no doubt Phred meant "person of South Asian
extraction". I'm sure he meant no offence to you or the said mango
grower or anybody else.

Christine