Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mango Imports from India.

Everyone on the news is talking about the 'Nuclear Agreement' between
India and USA. To me the most important thing happened was lifting the
ban of Mango imports from India to United States. This is a large pit
variety and competes with magoes grown in Florida, just more flavorful.
Now, we will know why Mango is the king of all the tropical fruits.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Before anyone points it out, Yes! the best Mangoes are grown in
Pakistan. They are also banned. I wish United States will allow mango
imports from both the countries India and Pakistan.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Yogi Gupta wrote:

> Before anyone points it out, Yes! the best Mangoes are grown in
> Pakistan. They are also banned. I wish United States will allow mango
> imports from both the countries India and Pakistan.

Perhaps if we get some of those mangos here I might like them. The
presumably US ones I've tried from the local grocery store either
smelled like pine trees or raw sewage to me, oddly enough two different
smells from two mangos in the same lot. Rather turned me off to
mangos...

Pete C.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>, "Yogi Gupta" > wrote:
>Before anyone points it out, Yes! the best Mangoes are grown in
>Pakistan. They are also banned. I wish United States will allow mango
>imports from both the countries India and Pakistan.

Nonsense! The best mangoes are the ones in my back yard - "Bowen".
(AKA to the ******s as "Kensington Pride" for marketing purposes .

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Phred wrote:

>In article .com>, "Yogi Gupta" > wrote:
>

>>Before anyone points it out, Yes! the best Mangoes are grown in
>>Pakistan. They are also banned. I wish United States will allow mango
>>imports from both the countries India and Pakistan.
>>

>Nonsense! The best mangoes are the ones in my back yard - "Bowen".
>(AKA to the ******s as "Kensington Pride" for marketing purposes .
>
>Cheers, Phred.

Skite, skite, skite! You smug bugger, I hate you. ;-D

Christine
Who lives in the chilly South

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bred fruit and vegies [Was: Mango Imports from India.]

In article >, Old Mother Ashby > wrote:
>Phred wrote:
>>In article .com>, "Yogi

> Gupta" > wrote:
>>
>>>Before anyone points it out, Yes! the best Mangoes are grown in
>>>Pakistan. They are also banned. I wish United States will allow mango
>>>imports from both the countries India and Pakistan.

>>Nonsense! The best mangoes are the ones in my back yard - "Bowen".
>>(AKA to the ******s as "Kensington Pride" for marketing purposes .
>>

>Skite, skite, skite! You smug bugger, I hate you. ;-D

G'day Christine,

Don't worry. The experts are working on stuffing ours up. Just heard
tonight that the local mango breeder is off to Paki soon on a "study
tour". Undoubtedly more bred crap will soon be available here -- just
like tomatoes and all the other things they've managed to turn into
inedibles in the interest of commerce.

From the deep north of the deep south,

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Posted to rec.food.cooking

These forums are capable of civilized conversation without racial
overtones reflected in words such as Paki. Have a good day Phred!!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Yogi Gupta wrote:

>These forums are capable of civilized conversation without racial
>overtones reflected in words such as Paki. Have a good day Phred!!!!!

Calm down, calm down! The said Paki probably refers to himself by that
term. London to a brick on he's a Sikh anyway. Phred's an Australian,
some forms of address are OK with us, like wog or pom. Did you not
notice me calling him a smug bugger?

If I may indulge in a spot of pedantry, I think you meant "racist"
overtones anyway. And no doubt Phred meant "person of South Asian
extraction". I'm sure he meant no offence to you or the said mango
grower or anybody else.

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine!
I am calm. I did mean to say 'racial' and not 'racist'. Calling it
'racist' would be pre-judging the motives. Personally, I am not
offended. In a public forum, users should choose language with care.
Ethnic foods may be good, ethnic slurs should never be accepted. My
last rant in this thread.

Yogi

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"Yogi Gupta" > wrote:
>I am calm. I did mean to say 'racial' and not 'racist'. Calling it

Sorry, mate. If you were "calm" you wouldn't have terminated your
previous contribution with a bunch of erect penises. :-)

>'racist' would be pre-judging the motives. Personally, I am not
>offended. In a public forum, users should choose language with care.
>Ethnic foods may be good, ethnic slurs should never be accepted. My
>last rant in this thread.

In an international forum it is impossible to know what may offend
someone somewhere. The best guide for the reader is to look at the
context. It is usually pretty clear whether an insult is intended or
not if one doesn't go off half-cocked.

I might add, if you had actually read what I wrote previously you
would have noticed that my use of "Paki" was simply an abbreviation of
the place, not a reference to any person.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Phred!
I agree with the following:
"In an international forum it is impossible to know what may offend
someone somewhere."
In my opinion, it puts a burden on the contributor to choose words with
care.

I disagree with:
" The best guide for the reader is to look at the context. It is
usually pretty clear whether an insult is intended or not if one
doesn't go off half-cocked. "
It blames the reader and exonerates the contributor of any
responsibilty.

I will take your suggestion.
Please accept my apologies for going 'half-cocked' when I read the
racial slur 'Paki'.

Let me apply the logic further, the 'N'-word is just an abbreviation.
We should use the actual word whenever we communicate.

Have a good day.
Yogi

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Yogi Gupta wrote:

>Phred!
>I agree with the following:
>"In an international forum it is impossible to know what may offend
>someone somewhere."
>In my opinion, it puts a burden on the contributor to choose words with
>care.
>
>I disagree with:
>" The best guide for the reader is to look at the context. It is
>usually pretty clear whether an insult is intended or not if one
>doesn't go off half-cocked. "
>It blames the reader and exonerates the contributor of any
>responsibilty.
>
>I will take your suggestion.
>Please accept my apologies for going 'half-cocked' when I read the
>racial slur 'Paki'.
>
>Let me apply the logic further, the 'N'-word is just an abbreviation.
>We should use the actual word whenever we communicate.
>
>Have a good day.
>Yogi

Oh come on, don't be so coy! What is the 'N'-word, pray tell?
Nincompoop? Nitwit? Ninny? Is it some racial slur I haven't yet
encountered? Worse, is it a gender slur? I warn you, call me a laydee
and you're for the high jump, mate.

Out with it man, don't be such a wuss, we're all adults here (I think).

And while we're at it, I don't like your impertinent habit of ordering
readers to "have a good day". How dare you tell people what to do, and
in such blatantly Yank terminology. We don't say things like that here,
the insincerity is too stomach churning for most of us. This is an
international forum and I'll thank you to choose your words with more
care, not to mention keep to yourself your views of how people should
conduct their private lives. Phred is entitled to have whatever sort of
day he likes.

Have whatever sort of day seems most appropriate to you.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"Yogi Gupta" > wrote:

>Phred!

Yogi! Me old mate! Glad to see you back. I was a bit worried about
you when you said you were finished here. But, not to worry, you're
back again. :-)

>I agree with the following:
>"In an international forum it is impossible to know what may offend
>someone somewhere."
>In my opinion, it puts a burden on the contributor to choose words with
>care.
>
>I disagree with:
>" The best guide for the reader is to look at the context. It is
>usually pretty clear whether an insult is intended or not if one
>doesn't go off half-cocked. "
>It blames the reader and exonerates the contributor of any
>responsibilty.
>
>I will take your suggestion.
>Please accept my apologies for going 'half-cocked' when I read the
>racial slur 'Paki'.
>
>Let me apply the logic further, the 'N'-word is just an abbreviation.
>We should use the actual word whenever we communicate.

I have no idea what 'N'-word you're referring to; so maybe you do need
to spell it out, mate. Not that I give a rat's whether I'm to be
enlightened on the point or not. Not every mystery demands resolution.

>Have a good day.

Why, thank you. I had a bonzer day in fact. How was yours?

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID